It’s right for you if…
You like ripping technical trails at warp speed and want a single bike with insane climbing and descending prowess for the gnarliest trails and enduro races. You prioritize frame and suspension performance above all else, and want a durable drivetrain that won’t break the bank.
The tech you get
A 150mm OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a stout RockShox Yari RC 160mm fork, and a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek’s ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a mixed NX and GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
The final word
Slash 9.7 gives you heaps of speed and capability for a shorter stack of cash. You’re getting a carbon frame, a solid parts group, and proven long travel suspension for performance where you’ll notice it most.
Why you’ll love it
- Don’t confuse Slash 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market—this bike gives you our best enduro main frame and suspension with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It’s equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it’s ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- We’re not the only ones who love it: Slash was awarded Mountain Bike of the Year by Pinkbike