You like ripping technical trails at warp speed and want a single bike with insane climbing and descending prowess for the gnarliest trails and enduro races. You prioritize frame and suspension performance above all else, and want a durable drivetrain that won’t break the bank.
A 150mm OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a stout RockShox Yari RC 160mm fork, and a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek’s ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a mixed NX and GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
Slash 9.7 gives you heaps of speed and capability for a shorter stack of cash. You’re getting a carbon frame, a solid parts group, and proven long travel suspension for performance where you’ll notice it most.
- Don’t confuse Slash 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market—this bike gives you our best enduro main frame and suspension with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It’s equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it’s ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- We’re not the only ones who love it: Slash was awarded Mountain Bike of the Year by Pinkbike
OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy 1x-specific stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 150mm travel
RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230×57.5mm
Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29×2.40˝
SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
SRAM NX Eagle
Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780 width
Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
M – 14.50 kg / 31.96 lbs (with tubes)
This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).