It’s right for you if…
You’re new to the trail and want a serious mountain bike that doubles as a commuter—and you want it all at an exceptional value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you never need to pedal too hard or easy on terrain that varies in elevation, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork with 100mm of travel—that’s the same amount favored by most cross country racers.
The final word
Built in Trek’s MTB heritage, and more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it’s also versatile. It’s a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize and haul a load.
- It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and shift levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty