It’s right for you if…
You’re new to the trail, and you’re looking for a great value on a real mountain bike that can double as a commuter. You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike with touchpoints designed specifically for them.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with a sloping top tube on smaller sizes (XS and S) for better standover height and more confidence on the trail, plus internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike’s sleek look. Women’s Specific Design touchpoints like the saddle, bars, and grips, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing for big hills, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork with 100mm of travel.
The final word
A trail-tough mountain bike designed for women. It’s built in Trek’s MTB heritage, making it more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it’s also versatile, and Marlin 5 Women’s is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize and haul a load.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin Women’s models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty